Blog Archive

Monday, March 10, 2008

My Declaration

I chose Independence for my concept. I am fascinated by the things that people do on their own. In the dictionary Independence is defined as freedom from the control, influence, support, aid, or the like, of others. I think that independence is the perfect concept for me because it is a value that is very important to me in my everyday life. Everyone should realize how important it is to be independent and think for yourself. Independence is everywhere. The United States is an independent country because they do whatever they want. People that live in the United States have many rights compared to other countries. People are allowed to have a freedom of speech and live with their own values and morals. My mother is very independent because she had to do many things on her own, and that taught me to think and do things for myself. I am not saying that being dependent is a bad thing because that is just some people's personalities, but I think it can be a character flaw for a few reasons. One reason why being dependent can be bad is that people that are relied on can let people down. It isn't a good idea to be so dependent on someone else that you can't accomplish anything on your own. Another reason why I think dependence is a disadvantage is it doesn't allow people to grow and mature in the way that they should to adjust to the changes that occur in life. I also think I can find a lot of pictures and poems that relate to this.

No comments: