Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Narrative 3

I just blew out 19 candles. You guessed it. I am 18 years old today. I live in Aventura, Florida. I have spent my entire life here. This city just feels like home. I love living here because the weather is always nice, but I want and need a major change. I want to wake up to snow on Christmas. I always picture myself curling up next to a fireplace while looking out the window watching the snow fall.All I can do is picture myself wearing cozy sweaters, scarves, gloves, and puffy coats that will keep me warm when it's frigid outside. I want the snowflakes to fall on me, so that I am completely covered in them. I want to lay in the snow and make snow angels. I am moving out today. I am nervous to leave home for the first time. I am afraid of going to college. I am getting ready to go to Vancouver. I can't believe I am moving to a different country! I have been studying French for years and it is good to know that all of that hard work I've put into practicing is meaningful and is actually going to help me out.

2 comments:

kayla said...

I like this story a lot Ali. Its short and simple but thats why I like it.

Anonymous said...

Alaryce,
I am from Mr.Kefor's Sophmore Vis.Image class as you are. I like your flow of ideas and your descriptivness of the character's feelings. The only thing you might want to expand on is the length and time you take to write it. Think about it. That story could have had a catchy title, or maybe even a secondary or tertiary character to convey the moral of your story more effectivly. You have great talent.
-Nicholas Hanlon